Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Vignette

One of the downfalls of our house is that it has no fireplace. Although I would be too paranoid to ever light a fire, I do wish I had a mantle to decorate for the holidays. Instead, we have a buffet right inside our front door. This Christmas, I did not hesitate to deck it out in everything Christmas. 



I used a lot of decorations I already had, along with a few DIY projects to make this holiday vignette. I don't know about you, but I think it is absolute perfection. Okay I lied, I decided I need a Christmas lamp next year. 


I had these silver frames I picked up from TJ Maxx a few months ago. You can never have too many frames, right?! I fell in love with these two printables when I saw them on Little Baby Garvin's blog.


I threw a candle on a plate and added some ornaments for the center of the vignette. I also made the fancy lights with a set of white lights I already had and tied squares of tulle along the string. 


I saw these Floating Ornament Christmas Trees at a boutique a while back, I immediately decided I was going to make my own, with the help of my husband of course. I LOVE the way the turned out, and I have even seen many versions of them at random stores this holiday season. To see how I made them, check out my tutorial here.


The Christmas Wreath Frame was another DIY project (tutorial here). It was originally going to decorate the front door, but I loved it too much to put it outside. 


I also dug out another "handmade" hurricane vase to fill with gems and Christmas bells. I added a snowflake to the vase, which was originally a candle charm, to spruce it up a bit. 

The Christmas Vignette was by far my favorite thing to look at in our house this holiday season. I can't wait to decorate it for every season :)

Happy Christmas Eve!!