Thursday, August 29, 2013

On The Nightstand: Vision In White by Nora Roberts




"Wedding photographer Mackensie "Mac" Elliot is most at home behind the camera, but her focus is shattered moments before an important wedding rehearsal when she bumps into the bride-to-be's brother...an encounter that has them both seeing stars.
A stable, safe English teacher, Carter Maguire is definitely not Mac's type. But a casual fling might be just what she needs to take her mind off bridezillas. Of course, casual flings can turn into something more when you least expect it. And Mac will have to turn to her three best friends-and business partners-to see her way to her own happy ending."--GoodReads


Ever since I was little, I have loved the idea of weddings. I had the most fun spending a year and a half planning my own wedding. And even still, when I receive a wedding invitation in the mail, I can't help but become incredibly excited. I think my love for weddings is what drew me in to this book in the first place, and immediately hooked me. 

Thi story is about a group of friends who run a wedding business (my absolute dream!!), particularly the photographer, Mac. This story is about Mac's dysfunctional family, and a guy who has had a crush on her since high school. As she learns to say no to her mom, she begins falling for the guy.

While I can't exactly relate to Mac's dysfunctional relationships, I did find myself very interested in her life, and I couldn't wait to find out what happens between her and Carter. A very good read!! I liked it so much I already picked up the second book! I even ran, yes literally ran, to the library and got there 5 minutes before they closed so I could continue reading. The blisters were totally worth it though.