Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Anniversary Series: How We Met




This Saturday, Adam and I are celebrating our first year of marriage! I thought it would be fun to do some personal posts this week so all my readers can get to know me a little better. The series will include how we met, the proposal, our wedding day, and our honeymoon. 

As an incoming freshman at Central Michigan University, I couldn't wait to get my dorm assignments to see where I was living. Within hours after receiving my letter, I logged on to Facebook and had a friend request from a random guy. After stalking his profile, I noticed he was also living in my dorm. My friend and I looked through his pictures, and while she instantly thought he was cute, I remember saying to her "he's alright I guess." 

Fast forward to the start of school, tuns out the random guy, Adam Muszynski, lived right across the hall from me. Our paths didn't cross much at first and it definitely wasn't love at first sight. He was the crazy partier who smoked and drank way too much, and I was the quiet studious girl who had a boyfriend. I got straight A's and he was on academic probation.



Second semester, I broke up with my boyfriend and started meeting more people in the dorms. At first, Adam and I hung out in groups, and gradually spent more and more time alone together, or as alone as you can be when you each have three roommates. He helped me get through my traumatic break up and had a lot of patience while he waited for me to become ready for a new relationship. 

Of course, I never imagined dating him, he was way too crazy for me and I had made up my mind that it would never work. It wasn't until I convinced him to watch Sweet Home Alabama with me an we started jokingly planning our wedding (which by the way turned out nothing like it). We started spending every free moment together, and I remember being sooo incredibly nervous to kiss him. 
Summer was quickly approaching, and we decided it wasn't worth it to start a relationship living so far away. 


Well, it was only a matter of weeks before  I made my first trip to Madison Height to visit him. After spending the weekend together, I decided there was no sense in  letting such a great thing pass me by. ended up asking him to be my boyfriend, and the rest is history. 


I was immediately confident in what we had, and while I was trying to be practical, I really could see myself marrying him. We were never jealous, always trusted each other, made each other laugh, and rarely had anything escalate into an argument. 


While on paper it seemed like we were an odd match, we were able to find a great balance. I calmed him down a bit and encouraged him to focus a bit more on his studies, and he encouraged me to let loose once in a while and taught me that getting straight A's was not the most important thing in the world. 

Through our relationship, I learned a great deal of lessons about love and about life. It's funny how things works out though. The guys I thought was "alright I guess" turned in to my husband!

How did you meet your husband/fiance? I would love to hear about it!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! I remember how exciting it was to say Ive been married for one whole year!! I wanted to let you know that I am hosting a monthly wedding link up called Something Borrowed. Today was our first link up and you still have a week to link up with us. This months topic is Share Your Engagement Story! Would love for you to link up and share your story!
    Sydney
    www.southernnewlywed22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will have to join the linkup once I write the post on how he proposed! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! My husband and I are a similar story of opposites attracting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww such a cute story! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete