Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Delicious Apple Pie



Let me just preface this by saying I have never made a pie in my life. A friend called us up one day asking if we would like some apples, and of course I said yes. Well, what we got was more than just some apples, it was a whole basket full. I have spent the past few days peeling more apples than I ever want to peel again, but the delicious apple recipes are totally worth it. My hubs requested an apple pie, so I figured I better make him one.



INGREDIENTS
Pie Crusts (homemade, refrigerated, or frozen)
6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice




DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place one pie crust in an ungreased glass pie plate and press firmly against the sides and bottom.

2.  Mix all filling ingredients in a large bowl and spoon into the crust-lined pie plate. Place the second crust on top and wrap excess crust under the bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal. Cut slits into the top crust.

3. Bake 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover the edges of the crust with foil after 15 or 20 minutes of baking. This will prevent excessive browning. Cool on a cooling rack for at least 2 hours before serving.



Enjoy!