Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Time I Was In A Craft Show



I have debated doing a craft show for many years now, and finally, I decided I had nothing to lose. I opened my Etsy shop, Melanie's Marketplace, in September, and had a pretty easy time selling my beaded serving spoons on there. With the success I was having with that, I was finally confident enough in my product to rent a booth and show off my creations. 

 I signed up and paid my booth rental early, but what I didn't know was how much work I had ahead of me. The fun had only just begun and I was only half prepared. With the craft show being at the end of the semester and very close to finals week, I began making my serving spoons during study breaks.

I made 50 sets of serving spoons in preparation for the event, and constantly had dreams about how the craft show would go. One night, I would dream that absolutely no one purchased even a single set of spoons and I wanted to cry. The next night, I would dream that I sold everything within the first hour. 



On December 7th, I convinced my husband to come with me to a local high school and spend the entire day  surrounded by crafters. I know, I know, I'm one lucky gal. We arrived at the school at 7:30, and the day began. I didn't sell out by any means, but I did sell enough to more than cover my costs.  



It was a very exciting day for me! I was able to see my hard work turn into something that I had only dreamed of. I had a lot of fun with it and I am so glad I took a chance and followed through with it. I'm not sure when I will do my next craft show, but for now I am keeping busy with my Etsy orders!

If you haven't already, check out my Etsy shop at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MelaniesMarketplace

Happy Thursday!



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love my serving spoons you gave me from the giveaway, they are so cute and go perfect with the colors of my kitchen. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you have been enjoying them!

      Delete