Monday, September 1, 2014

Tour Through Blogland

Happy September, and Happy Labor Day friends!

Normally I wouldn't post today since it's a holiday and everything, but the wonderful Tara from My Anything and Everything nominated me to participate in the Tour Through Blogland and today is my day! If you have never visited Tara's blog before, you are in for a real treat. My favorite of her most recent projects is her Fall mason jar vases (here). She also turned a wood crate into a fabulous wine rack (here). If you haven't heard of the Tour Through Blogland yet, it is where you get nominated by a fellow blogger, answer a few questions to allow readers to get to know you better, and then nominate three other bloggers to do the same. You will be getting a behind the scenes look at my blogging process (or lack of) and learning a little bit more about my "home life."


First and foremost, I am the wife of a wonderful man Adam, and fur-mom to a crazy dog, Lucy. 
By day, I am earning my Master's in occupational therapy and work as a childcare provider for sweet babies. By night, I run this little blog of mine. A typical evening in our home consists of eating dinner together, taking Lucy for a walk, relaxing on the hammock, and/or binge-watching netflix. 


1. What am I working on?
I am always in the middle of about ten thousand projects. Adam just doesn't understand why I can't finish one project before moving on to the next and if I'm being honest, I don't know why either. I did just finished my Wood Plank Coffee Table that I absolutely love (here). There has been talk of making some end tables to match, but we will see. Other than that I've got big ideas in my head: makeover the guest bedroom, stencil the master bedroom wall, add a shelf in our laundry room, paint the front door. Realistically though, I will probably just dive right in to some fall decor. I feel like now that it is September, that is allowed. I also got the itch to start crocheting again last night. I guess what I am trying to say is, you'll just have to check back to find out :)

2. How does my work differ from other's of its genre?
I don't really know how to answer this, because I feel like I don't really have one genre. I like to dip my toes in a little bit of everything, but maybe that's what makes me unique. Maybe I'm different because I am still trying to find my style.

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
In the midst of wedding planning, I wanted to keep our friends and family up to date on plans. I loved sharing wedding DIY projects, and I just wasn't ready to give that up when the wedding was over. I love making projects for our home, so I figure why not share them with the world.

4. How does my writing/creating process work?
This is something I have really been trying to work on in the last few weeks, because I do not have a process at all! If I don't have a post written or anything to say I just don't post anything. If I don't have time for a project, the supplies just sit in the basement waiting for me to get to them. I get all these ideas in my head, but never write them down. With school starting back up, I am worried that this space will be forgotten once again, and I want to try really hard to make sure that doesn't happen. I started planning out posts ahead of time and scheduling them, so I know I will always have something to share. I started jotting down ideas so I don't forget them. Hopefully I can keep this up. I might even write a post about how I am trying to stay organized, what things work, and what things don't!

Now that I've shared a bit about myself, I am nominating the following wonderful ladies to do the same!

Samantha @ The Samantha Life



Amanda @ Happily Ever After


Mary Leigh @ Thrift for Today


Christ follower. Wife. Daughter Sister. Friend.
Thrift for Today is about all things thrifty, DIY, crafts, home, marriage, family, and friendship. Blogging about a little of this and a little of that.


I can't wait to read your posts, ladies!



4 comments:

  1. Loved your tour, Melanie! So glad that you participated! Okay, how did I miss your wood plank coffee table?!? It is fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my blogging ideas in a Google calendar that I can easily add to from my phone whenever an idea pops in my head. It's worked great for me so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love learning more about blogger! Thank you for linking up at #MerryMonday linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog and am loving it so far. Would love for you to stop by mine if you'd like! newhomenewnamenewadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete