Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Metallic Gold Pumpkins


Happy first day of Fall!

These pumpkins are super simple to make, once you see what I did you will want to scatter them throughout your house! 

This year, I decided to go with simple, subtle, and neutral tones for my fall decor. I began collecting pumpkins of all shapes and sizes from various craft stores and then headed to Home Depot to pick out some metallic paint colors. I decided on Rustoleum Metallics in Champagne Mist, Pearl Mist, and Aged Copper.

For the littler pumpkins, I was able to twist off the stems and spray paint those as well, using Rustoleum Metallic Oul Rubbed Bronze. They twisted right back on to the pumpkins with no problem! For the larger pumpkins, I wrapped the stems with yarn before painting.

I gave everything a base coat in the cheapest white spray paint I could find, and then I gave them all two coats of color.







Didn't they turn out great?!

I love how versatile they are, making it easy to scatter them anywhere throughout the house for a little extra touch of Fall.

What's your favorite way to decorate for Fall?